I see all these blogs and I always thought, I never had the time....well, I still don't have the time :-) , but maybe I can try. Besides it's a nice way to keep all of our friends and family up to date on the happenings with our family on our little farm without having to talk their ear off when I call. I'm known to do that from time to time LOL.
I also think it'll be a nice way to learn a little more about web pages...a little good knowledge never hurt anyone.
We live in Louisiana...yes it's hot and humid much of the summer and wet much of the winter. It really does have it's good qualities, but I'm still trying to find number 4...just kidding, well sort of , LOL!
We have lived here for 5 years now. My husband works for a nuclear power plant near us. No he doesn't glow and he looks nothing like Homer Simpson. We've been married 10 years now and have two kids.
We live on a small farmette...I'd love to have more land, but not here. We'd love to move a little farther north.
We seem to have a little of everything at our farm. Some pets, some not. Sheep, goats, chickens, horses, pigs, dogs, cats, a bird, snake...etc. Our son is always catching something or other to keep for a day...that's our rule...all 'captives' must be released within 24 hours of catching. I have made a couple of exceptions for caterpillars. Those have been a great learning
experience for him.
We homeschool our kids. We love it...well most days we do! The kids do really well and it's amazing how much they soak up everyday.
I love having our farm. My hubby doesn't really get into all of it, but helps when he can and enjoys the fruit of my labors! LOL. I recently got 2 new horses and am very excited to have horses again! I had one earlier this year, that I'd owned and trained for almost 4 years. Due to a serious mishap at our local vet school, he was put down...a very sad and frustrating time for me. A friend offered me a yearling colt and I brought him home almost 2 months ago. He is great and learns fast! I also brought a 17 yr old home a couple of weeks ago and he sure doesn't look or act like it. He is so nice to ride already.
That's a little about us...more later.
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment