The kids and I have been reading up on Letterboxing and how it was started. You can find out more here at the Letterboxing North America website.
Since I had to go to town and didn't have to get food products or live mice for the snake (I know, I know-ewwwww gross, but she has to eat too), I decided to take the kids on their first letterbox 'hunt'. We stopped by Office Depot for supplies and because I knew they were having a big sale on some school stuff and bookshelves. I managed to get some very good deals on stuff we would need and 2 book shelves I've been eyeing.
Anyways...I knew there was a letterbox locally that was easy to find and thought that a good one to start with. We sat down at our library (since I had to pick up some books) and the kids wanted to find some ideas for designs for their stamps that they needed to make. I helped them to make their stamps and off we went. Steve even happened upon us at a local park on his way home and stopped to see what we found.
Now it's time for me to log our first two finds and print out the clues for the next ones. We are also each going to make a new box and place them around the area....we'll just tote them around for a while until we find a good place to put them. We are taking B's friend next time with us. She is so excited and is already thinking of a design to make on her stamp.



No comments:
Post a Comment