Sunday, December 2, 2007

New goats....

An older couple we know and love had these goats and asked if we'd like them. They just don't have the energy to keep up with them anymore. I believe they were originally their sons goats and the neighbors goat got out a few times and bred them. Our Blackberry is a sister to one of them. They are very timid and won't come anywhere near us right now. It won't take long though and the kids will have them tamed up pretty well. 2 of them are older girls and need a little extra care. I love the coloring on the big black and white spotted one. I'm not sure of the breeds....just a bunch of mixed ones as far as I can tell...

We should be getting a few babies in the spring though...their neighbors buck had one last fling before he was rehomed! LOL.
Getting the goats out to the pen once we got home was a mess! They of course are wiggly and fast little buggers. We can't pull the trailer to the gate since the swing set and trampoline are in the way, but we got close enough. While taking one of the goats out, Steve had it'd neck between his legs. I was behind the goat and getting ready to pick up it's hind end. I told Steve to reposition himself so that he could pick up the front end and he did just that...only in the process of swinging his size 9 foot behind himself to stand upright-without realizing that I was right there behind him, he clocked me in the nose and front teeth! I dropped to my knees and blurted out a few obcenities (he said I did anyways). He couldn't really see me and thought I was okay since I sounded mad, but then I started crying (cause let me tell you that hurt! Made my nose bleed and my head already hurts from this stinking cold). Course he couldn't check my face out since that would mean letting go of the goat! He kept saying I'm so sorry! We hurried up and wrangled the goat into the pen and then he looked me over...my gums are bruised and my face hurts something fierce, but nothing seems broken. Course now my nose is really stuffy since I'm having a hard time blowing the darn thing! Hurts too dang much...

No comments: