I know...kinda like seeing a kid pick their nose and eating it...still it was a funny shot that I didn't think I actually got!There is no rain today. Hallelujah! I hope it stays gone until the start of summer!
One of our goats in is labor today. She has been up and down most of the morning. B keeps checking on her, watching her, keeping me up to date, minute by minute, of what she's doing-Mom, she's laying down. Mom, she has something hanging. Mom, she's up. Mom, she's walking around. Mom, she went into the shed. Mom, she's back down again.... LOL. That girl can be so obsessive when something interests her.
Our friends called us last night to say that our calf can be picked up. We headed over there when Steve got home and got him loaded up. He pretty much just went on in. That was so nice because he's a pretty big boy and no one wanted to have to fight him to get in! He did try and slip his big butt under the gate that we had blocking the way out of the barn; I was worried for a few seconds as we rushed forward to shoo him back. But I was mainly wondering about what we were going to do when we got home...we couldn't bring the trailer into the yard to the opening of the pen...still too wet-imagine that... I will give a huge thumbs up to my hubby though. He brought that trailer and truck in here, turned that thing around, avoiding the new fence, carport poles, basketball goal post and stayed on the cement for the most part. He got it put back just right after a few tries, without having to turn around in the yard like we normally have to do! Good job honey!
My friends will have to come back out to our house though and band the calf (a castration procedure). He is a big boy, already weighing in at over 600 lbs. We'll feed him out for the next 90 days and see how big he is then. He is a Hereford and is mooing like a maniac out there. He won't really let us near him, but that's ok...I don't like getting too friendly with something that we've 'named' Sirloin, LOL! (B likes to name everything even if it's destined to be food...sick child, LOL).

Here are our cutie little kids-the four legged kind that is. I need to get a video of them. They are a hoot to watch. As always...who needs TV when you have a farm full of animals?! They were playing chase here....

No comments:
Post a Comment