Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A New Addition...

We came home last night from soccer practice and I headed out to feed the animals before it got too dark...I called to the goats -who were already running to the gates with the hens in hot pursuit, but I didn't see Taffy, our cream colored Lamancha. I got the feed ready and heard her call to me from the goat shed next to the horse shed. I walked in there to see the cutest surprise that had just come forth not more than 20 minutes before I'd gotten out there. She was still quite wet. These pics are from this morning. She is nursing good so far. She has the markings of the boer goat we borrowed, but the ears are too darn cute! They are floppy right now, but I hope they'll stand. We'll see. They've got their own heat lamp and I'm glad we set it up last night. It was frosty this morning and they were toasty warm...I thought for sure she'd be the one going last of the 3 goats that were due! The kid's head is as big as my fist...too cute!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

What a cute baby! Nice blog, too. I'll be back for another visit :)