Thursday, April 17, 2008

Gardening...

From this: To this (and they got even bigger than that!): To this: Lightly steamed with a little salt and pepper...
Our cabbages grew enormous!

I'm afraid we won't be doing much gardening this year....I may put a few plants out, but I have to rig up a good little fence up around it if I want anything to survive. The goats will eat it all or the dogs will dig it up!

This was some produce from our winter garden a year ago. Little Man and I loved the broccoli we grew...who knew it actually tasted like it did; sweet and not bitter at all. We all loved the cabbage.
I would like to put some bell peppers in, some cukes for relish, and we also grow some seriously yummy huge canteloupe. I plan to go to a local farm and pick tomatoes to can and blueberries since we can get them for a $1 a pound! I made so much jam last year, but it's almost all gone!
I will plant the big garden again, but that area has housed the pigs and now calf. We need that meat for the freezer and we're very glad that we're doing that since the prices of meat has really gone up.
Any suggestions on generators? We're purchasing that next. I will not raise all this meat and then lose it all during an outage!

No comments: