
I came back from a trail ride (down the road) yesterday and the kids were waiting for me at the driveway asking to ride ol' Pedro.
He is a 17 yr old, retired Polo horse that was given to me. He is a great fella, but was retired due to a paralyzed airway flap which causes him to 'roar' when he is worked hard for an extended amount of time. He does not breathe as well because of it. He could still run quick timed events and such if I did that sort of thing, but I don't, so he's living a good life as a 'kid's horse' and trail horse.
The kids got to ride him a bit in the back yard. It was too wet to do any real trotting after all the rain we had. The ground was still way too soft. They enjoyed it, though Jacob got a little timid after Pedro 'shook'. Jacob was like...can I get off now...mom, get me off please...mom, I'm done. LOL.
We had a crawfish boil at my neighbors house this evening! YUM! If you've never been to a real crawfish boil, then you don't know what you're missin'! They are good eatin'! They also threw in onions, garlic, sausage (deer and pork-these fellas are all hunters so deer sausage is plentiful around here...also very good stuff!), corn, potatoes and Steve's favorite, mushrooms...I eat only one or two very small ones-them suckers are way too hot for me otherwise! I choked up on one tonight.The kids had a blast with the other kids there. They played in my neighbors huge pile of river silt/sand that she'd had brought in to fill low spots in the yard. They dug tunnels, buried each other's bodies, tossed a bit around and got really messy! The silt is so fine that it just sticks, plus there is a bit of clay in it that makes you look very tanned! They played hide and go seek in the dark using a friend's four wheeler as base. They were slap wore out when we finally went home to get them in the shower.
Till later.....

No comments:
Post a Comment