Sunday, July 27, 2008

Grow Your Own!


This is a link I recently found and when I can find some time, I plan to take part in it. It's not that hard to grow a little something. It can even be done in a pot on your kitchen windowsill!

I did a lesson for Enrichment (a monthly meeting for ladies at church) a couple of months ago on gardening large and small. I had the ladies planting tomatoes and peppers in pots. They loved it and I was surprised that many of the plants had been well tended and were producing for them!

Some of the things we love to eat grown on our place: marinated cucumbers, tomato sandwiches, egg sandwiches (both on homemade bread), smothered pork chops, pork roast with gravy, sausage gravy and homemade biscuits, omelets, french toast from homemade bread and our eggs, lamb stew, lamb curry, rosemary lamb chops, stuffed cabbage rolls, veggie soup sometimes with meats-many times without. Soon we'll be having ribs and steaks, hamburgers and roasts...all from our steer calf. Steve can't wait! Then it'll be time to put the fall garden in. YUM!

No comments: