Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cute chick and new additions...

Little chick is still alive out there...boy there are some serious hazards to your life when you're only 3-4 inches tall! It has managed to thrive and momma hen is awesome. She has an amazing set of different noises for each little thing she is trying to teach it. It's so neat to watch. I need to get a more recent pic. You can really see it feathering out good now. I do not want to raise chicks again. Broody hens are great!

This gal below is SweetPea. She is a nanny goat given to us. Her hair is so soft and full. I've never pet a goat like her. She is a mix of some sort...not sure what, but it looks as if she's letting me know exactly what she thinks of her new pasture mates..look closely for that pink tongue. She also figured out how to jump onto the roof of the chicken shed! It about scared the mess out of me. She hasn't done it again though.

These two banties are Australorpes...I'm sure I spelled that wrong...but oh, well. I laughed when I saw that pic. He was quietly clucking to her when I took it...must have been whispering sweet nothings in her ear. LOL. We have four of these.

We also have another barred rock roo and some hens. I plan to take one hen to a friend of mine. She gets picked on by my hens and hides all day in the coop from fear it seems. She is blind in one eye and it's affecting her response time when hens come at her for whatever reason that they may...moody little things. My friend only has a hen and a roo and would love to take her I'm sure.

No comments: