We've done the cleanup here twice now. Gustav flipped my goat shed over the fence into the other field from 80+ mile an hour winds. With the help of our local missionaries (5 of them and myself), we got it back into the fenced area and set somewhere else. Thanks to Ike at some 30+ mile an hour winds, it was blown into four pieces...no more goat shed...go figure. We're looking into something more like the horse portable shelter...we'll see.
We helped a friend of ours on Monday by clearing a huge, over 50 yr old pine tree, from her parents driveway. Steve and I worked on it for over three hours. Thank goodness the clouds were out nice and heavy. It made for a fairly cool day while working hard. I was so sore this morning though.
I have new pics to put up...I'll have to work on that some time this week. We have new hens again, two new roos, and a new nanny goat (who is actually able to jump onto the roof of the chicken shed...that's no easy task either. About scared us to death the first time she did it! We're trying to prevent a second time!).
Little Wildman's foot is looking really good and he is actually able to walk on the heel some with a shoe on. Tall Girl is wearing her night splints all night now. I'm glad that she's trying hard to improve her muscles. We have another appointment on Thursday with the podiatrist.
The kids are slowly getting back into the school groove...they balk at some things...other things not so much. Writing has never been Little Man's thing so he still struggles with it. He has to really slow down and remember to correctly write his numbers and letters at the right starting points and to space everything properly. He wears those erasers out...I have a box of eraser tops just for him.
Tall Girl is learning to slow down in Math...she hates redoing work. She hates getting things wrong. She likes to journal and write it seems. She also likes to speed through everything. Patience is not her strong suit. I don't know who she could get that from...{blushing}...
Off to bed for me...I'm trying to reset my internal clock to 6 am again...I was doing good for a while. When the time changes it'll be easier, but for now I'm trying to stretch those days out in the evening...it's cooler then for outside chores and working of horses, which I have to try and do daily or else I have seriously silly ponies.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment