We got it dropped off and then started back home. I stopped at the gas station to fill up my very empty Suburban, where I paid $2.55 a gallon instead of 3.87 like we had been a month or so ago! Got back on the road and headed towards Baker where I needed to stop at the music shop for a metronome for Britney. I was passing by the airport where there is a new Coke-a-Cola plant being built and traffic was stop and go. The guy in front of me had dim tail lights so I was trying to watch that, plus the sun was VERY bright shinning down on the back of his truck so I'm sure that didn't help.
I noticed that I was getting a little close at one point and slowed down, then I had to slow down really fast and swerve when I saw he was suddenly stopping. I swerved off into the grassy median and barely missed his truck end by like 6-8 inches. I swear I thought I was going to hit him, but I didn't and breathed a quick sigh of relief, when I was suddenly hit from behind. I guess the guy behind me had the same problem and ran up on us pretty quick and because I was already off the side, he couldn't really go any further over to avoid me. Poor guy. He was pretty shaken up and was so apologetic. He was driving a Ford F150 and it was totalled. He had to have it towed. My whole back end is shot on the truck and so is the side panel on the back right hand side. It's bent up.
Atleast he was carrying full coverage. His insurance company was quick and got me into a rental on Wednesday evening! It's a nice little Kia Sedona mini van. It's quite sporty looking and it's been nice to drive so far. They are supposed to be towing my truck today to have it looked at.

I'm bummed that my soccer ball magnet on the back won't come off in one piece...it got smashed too hard and is now stuck on there, LOL. And my 'homeschooled honor student sticker' is a goner. I'm going to just have to order new ones later.
Oh and I'm am ticked at the Sherriff's office. A deputy stopped right after we had the accident, checked us out, then left and said that a Baton Rouge Police officer would be out to help us soon. We waited there for over 2 hours for someone to come out and record the accident. It was rediculous! A few people called 911 atleast 6 different times to try and get someone out. The cops told us that they had just received the call at around 1:55 pm. The accident happened at like 12:30. The kids and I were headed to get something to eat as we were on our way back to run our errands and they were starving by the time the cops showed up. Of course I had called Steve at work to let him know what happened though I had to leave a message to be relayed since I can't reach him at work. I made sure to tell the guy taking the message that: "we were in an accident, we were okay, and to put down specifically that it wasn't my fault". I knew that would be something Steve would be worried about since he says I drive like a nut. LOL. They convinced Steve to just go ahead and leave work so he met us out there and took the kids and Sophie home. I had taken her with us because she loves to go places and is so good in the truck when we go.

No comments:
Post a Comment