.jpg)
We have been looking for a piano for quite some time. While I would have loved to own some beautiful black Baby Grand, it would have taken up what little space I have for a living room and it would have cost us one of our childrens' college fund!
I kept looking through the newspaper here and there. I've probably looked at atleast 10 different pianos...many of them huge furniture pieces not worth the money the people wanted. Keys sticking, pedals missing, cracks all over, etc...
Last week I looked in the paper again, to check a for sale ad I placed, and happened to see a couple of pianos for sale. I thought about them...one was pretty cheap and I felt impressed to call about it. I talked to the lady and it sounded like a really nice piano. I made an appointment to come see it the next day.
Tall Girl had her piano lesson first and then we headed out to the city to check it out. Lets just say I wrote a check that afternoon to the lady and we now have a nice piano in the living room.
It is what they call a spindle or console piano. It may be a hybrid of the two, but it's nice and small. We all love it and the thing gets played probably 10 times a day. We have the piano tuner coming on Wednesday to tune it up since it has lost it's tune from moving it. I can't wait to hear what she has to say about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment