My neighbors on one side of me, didn't even have the courtesy to let me know that they were going to be setting off those big rocket ones into my pasture over Napoleon's paddock! How nice of them. Of course they didn't bother to come and pick any of their garbage up either and my horse stepped on one of the sticks from the larger rockets. Have you ever tried breaking one of those?! I can't do it and he managed to find one sticking up in the mud out there and puncture his hoof that already was missing a chunk.
The red line and below it is the part that he tore off:

So I've been taking care of his foot and dealing with his anger at being locked up. I have to keep his hoof dry while it heals over and hardens up so that the foot won't get infected. Those of you that have horses can just imagine all the fun I've had wrapping that up every day and sometimes twice a day since I have a horse that wants to whirl and paw in the shelter he is in causing the bandaging to come off faster than it would if he was calmer. He actually got out one day and that was the best bandaging job I'd done so far! I had actually stayed on well without shifting any...then he managed to bust out and soaked it out there in the lake that should be a field.

No comments:
Post a Comment