Saturday, May 2, 2009

Crawfish Boil...

At the end of our soccer season we like to put together a crawfish boil for the team and families. For all you northerners...it's those mudbugs we're eatin' only a lot bigger! LOL!

Here's most of my team. I had 15 boys this year. It was an awesome team as you'll see if you poke around my blog a bit. The parents are just as awesome too and that makes coaching so much more fun. The boys got along so very well!
Being Goofy!
Steve icing down the crawfish. It helps them soak up the spices...Makes 'dem good!
Mark helping Steve with the pot. There are about 20 lbs of crawfish in there as well as corn, potatoes, onions, Vine's sausage (anyone in lower Mississippi or the NE upper side of Louisiana will know about them if they've lived here long enough-they are the best!), and lemons. Mushrooms always go in for a quick soak and they were always gone fast.This picture cracks me up...looks like they are ready for a fight! Steve and I laughed so hard when we were downloading the pics and saw this one! I was like 'pose guys, I need a good one' and this is what they gave me! LOL
Tall Girl and this boy from my team are quite the pals. He was somewhat miffed when she cut her hair earlier in the year! Everyone was remarking how cute it was (the parents and such) then he noticed and was like 'Coach! Your daughter cut her hair off!' and I said, 'Yep! Ain't it cute!?' to which he replied curtly, 'Noooooo.' LOL. I told him that he shouldn't tell her that though, lol. Obviously he likes the longer hair. The two of them just crack me up.

This is what was left after everyone had their fill and we sent some bags home with people. We ended up with a nice amount of tails for the crawfish and corn soup (chowder) that I made a couple of days later. It was so good too.

No comments: