So yesterday, while driving into our little town, I made a point to stop into this new little store that just opened up. The kids have been asking to do so, mainly because it's got a funny name and a big chicken on the sign...what could be better?!
It's called Dirt Cheap...it somewhat lives up to it's name, but it is wild in there.
There are bins of stuff everywhere, shoes on shelves, there are many rows of items just waiting to be found. The stuff seems to be things that haven't sold well, boxes that have been opened, packages returned to stores for some reason or another, clothing that didn't sell well, overstocks, etc. Everything there is 50, 70, 75 to 80% off. Not too bad I thought after walking around a bit in there. I have to go back though and really take some time to go through stuff. I'm sure there are some more treasures waiting to be found.
Little Man found a slinky for .30 cents and we've been wanting to buy a game called Apples to Apples. The kids had the junior version for a while and I recently donated it to another family since mine wanted the bigger version. I'd been watching the sale ads for it..it's not a cheap game.
Low and behold what do I see sitting on a shelf........Apples to Apples Party Box. I open it up expecting to find some cards missing or something (no wrapping was present around the box), but NO. I was wrong! All cards were still neatly wrapped in their package, instructions still there. I flipped the box over and ah ha. It looked as if someone had stepped through the backside a bit...it was torn, but still completely sturdy...so that's why it made it to the Dirt Cheap store.
I took it to the front for a price check as it didn't have a sticker on it. I got it for 3.00! YAY! Completely in my budget and the kids were stoked, lol!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh, I absolutely love Apples to Apples!! Every time we have company, my husband wants to bring it out to play!
Speaking of apples... I made an apple cobbler last week and I had a bunch of apple peels and bits left over, I remembered how I used to feed them to Napoleon and he loved it... (I had to toss them out, sigh...)
Post a Comment