Sorry that it's taken a while to update...we've been a little busy. It's been a quite a hard winter here so far. We've had freezing temps a number of weeks, when we normally get just a few days of freezing temps. We've had four snows and countless inches of rain. My farm looks like I'm growing algae and mud instead of animals. Everything is coated in mud and gunk...it's been so deep that it splashes down inside the muck boots. I joked and told a friend that I need hip waders to keep dry out there...I wasn't kidding though. I keep only a couple pairs of pants for when I head out to feed. They get so muddy. By the end of the week they are stiff and I've got to shake/beat them out a bit before I throw them in the wash. I'm so ready for winter to be gone...
We did not breed our ewes this year, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. My fellow shepherd friend had a few losses from his herd and gave us the lambs to care for as he doesn't have the time to bottle feed. We ended up with four lambs in about three weeks. The kids did a great job bottle feeding them. As picture crazy as I am...I didn't get a one...too much rain to deal with and a few of the lambs required a lot of care at first. They were weak and small. Our two kids stepped up though and all four are fat and happy now. Yes, they are eventually going to be dinner-that's what they are raised for. We don't play with them. The kids are quite professional about the whole thing which shows their maturity about it. I'm proud of them and all they have learned. Of course they think they are cute and pat their heads, but they understand what they are here for.
We have not done much traveling as of late...Steve is working waaaaaaay too much and we have a lot of things going on with school, music and sports.
Little Man and Steve attended another karate tournment and did really well. They even did a weapon this time (nun chucks for little man and the staff for Steve), though in Korean the chucks are called something else that I can't even spell, but can atleast say. Here's how it sounds: 'song she bong', funny huh! Little Man got a first and a second place medal for his weapon and self defense. Steve got a third for his weapon. They attend another tournament in April. Steve is a yellow belt and Little Man is a Camo. He gets to spar now and oh my is that fun to watch! I'll post a video here soon.
Tall Girl (and boy is she tall-she has only an inch to go to reach my height!), is attending lots of piano tournaments. She has attained a superior again at Solo Festival and Hymn Festival. We are waiting on scores for the LSU Romantic/Contemporary tournament and she has LSU Rally to do in May. She plays so nicely. She also loves to write and illustrate her books. She has a bazillion notebooks, sketchbooks and papers everywhere! She still enjoys soccer and is supposed to be starting spring season soon.
I'm still running around like a chicken with my head cut off, lol! Driving the kids here and there and everwhere. Still schooling them and they mostly enjoy it...it is school after all and some of it can be boring, lol...unfortunately for Steve Math is not our favorite subject...he likes it so he now teaches it, lol.
He and I are getting ready to paint the house and do some serious work to it. It's getting all new colors, new doors, new landscaping...I can't wait! Then it's on to the inside. New countertops after we have some cabinetry fixed, new master bath and the floors refinished....thinking about it makes my head hurt, but it will be so nice when it's done!
So that's really all for now. Can't wait for spring and we'll post pictures of our progress here if the weather will let up!
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment