Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The neighbors are not happy with me...

but now maybe, just maybe they understand a little of what I've been feeling these last 6 years with their nonchalance about keeping their dogs up and away from my animals...

I recently caught one of their dogs in my yard chasing the cats again. A screen had already been torn out of a window courtesy of that dog and another of theirs. I've bent over backwards trying to get these people to keep their dogs up trying not to start a neighbor war...no longer. I caught the dog, took it to the pound. They were not happy and I don't hardly care at this point. The lady ranted and raved on the phone even attempting to take some digs at me about the kids. I.DO.NOT.THINK.SO! I just hung up when she started with that nonsense. Her husband tried it again a few days later with me and I ended up hanging up on him as well...it's not even rational talk when they get going. I won't put up with it, but I'm not going to get upset and attempt to defend myself. As I told them before: "You are breaking the law by letting your dogs run free and becoming nuisances. If you don't like them being taken to the pound, then keep them contained."

The dog is back now, another that they had is gone and they've been keeping them penned up. They did get out a couple of nights ago, but she saw me outside and let me know that they were catching them right then. Good...I hate to be a butt head, but I'm sick of dealing with dead chickens, chased livestock and other pets.

No comments: