The temps here have been absolutely amazing. It's been in the 70's and upper 80's for the better part of almost 2 weeks. This morning it was a little cooler out though. I think they'll be dipping a little and then we'll be heading into March so they rise again.
Little Man has recently built a double compost bin with the help of Tall Girl and I. This was part of a gardening merit badge that he is working on for scouts. So far he has earned 5 badges and is thrilled. I recently tested him in math to find out what level he'd be in on a new program that I decided to use. He is a level ahead of where I thought he would be. Not bad.
Tall Girl is learning to cook...much to her dismay as she'd rather be drawing than 'doing boring cooking'...but she needs to learn and doesn't get in the kitchen enough with me. Yesterday we made chicken lettuce wraps and sauteed baby boy choy. I'm the only one who liked the bok choy, but everyone liked the lettuce wraps (though Tall Girl does not like the lettuce part. She never has really liked lettuce except with italian dressing on it). I don't know what we're making tonight yet. I have some chicken precooked from yesterday that I may use.
The kids and I recently attended a Tae Kwon Do tournament. The kids came home with 'good attitude' medals and I came home with two 3rd place medals. We all tested for our next belt level this week. Awards will be on Monday. We'll find out if we passed, though I'm sure we did. Tall Girl and I will now be sparring. That's fun.
We are in the process of fencing the front yard to accomodate the growing sheep flock and avoid having to mow the lawn twice a week. The gas prices are rediculous and we have livestock to take care of it. Steve is less than thrilled about me 'ruining' his front yard, but it is all farmland out here and no one would even care, lol. He sees the logic in it though and agrees that it's good-just not asthetically pleasing to his eye.
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment