Monday, March 28, 2011

Singles, Twins, Triplets, OH MY!

A couple of our ewes have been looking quite uncomfortable the last couple of days and they were looking very heavy. On Sunday we had a set of twins, an ewe and a ram. They are always fun. I was looking outside the back window before Steve and I left for my early birthday dinner, just doing a visual on everyone. As I looked toward the big tree I noticed that there were a lot of little legs back there around one ewe. I walked out there and found triplets! Triplets...wow! Ivy was huge yesterday and one that was quite uncomfortable. Now we know why! They are all rams.
Holly and her twins:

Ivy and her triplets:

Poor Girl she will own a 24/7 milk bar for the next few months, lol.

We've actually got these two ewes separated from the main flock so they can get some extra feedings during the day to keep up milk production.

No comments: