Thursday, April 7, 2011

Odds and Ends...

Thursday is normally our Spanish class, but it seems that the rest of the students are ill so the teacher has rescheduled for a two hour class next week. We had missed last weeks lesson with our dear friend's funeral going on. I was helping out with it and I couldn't be in two places at once. We really miss Billie and her husband, Son, who is now in Mississippi with his son and grandkids. They sort of 'adopted' us and we spent a good bit of time over there.

Yesterday, I helped her daughter at their home with cleaning out cabinets and the utility shed. K was so sweet when she introduced me to her friend that stopped by, as one of her mom's best friends'. She (and her brother) said that her mom spoke of us so often that she thought she had a sister, lol. Little Man loved to go sit with Son and watch Animal Planet on Wednesday nights while Tall Girl was at her church activities.

I headed back home after cleaning and spent part of the afternoon having the kids help me move the one old little loveseat that our friends let us have a couple of years ago, to make room for the sofa and loveseat that the daughter and son let me have from Billie and Son's home. I am soooo very grateful and I love the furniture. I used to tell Billie that I loved it. It is so simple and the fabric was nice. She laughed and had told me that it was so old, that some called it the 'ugly couch'. It was some of the first furniture that they had bought after they were married (some of the first that Sears had started making) and that she would have the cushions recovered over the years as needed. I like the fabric now that's on them, but it's nice to know when we want, we can just get them redone. I am heading out this week to look for some accent pillows to add to them. They are very sturdy and the wood matches what we already have in the living room. Steve likes them too and is excited to actually have a proper living room especially since he is planning on moving the TV in there.

I headed out to the garden, made a few more rows for the pole beans and plan to have the kids plant them today since we don't have spanish class to attend. I also wanted to get the peppers and tomotoes in, but those will wait for now. They aren't quite tall enough yet. We also needed to plant the marigolds. If you've never seen the seeds for those, they are quite interesting. They look nothing like one thinks a seed looks.

Gotta run...no new lambs yet, though the remaining ewes are really looking like they are ready to bust.

No comments: