Monday, July 30, 2007

Birthday Parties...


With homeschool-ing the kids, they don't normally make tons of friends that live nearby like many school kids do and we live in the country so they don't have that built-in kid network that you find when living in a neighborhood. They have learned to play well together though and have made a few close friends through church.

J's birthday came recently and he asked to have a bowling party. I normally do a little party here at the house with some friends (last year it was Pirates), but I found after calling for pricing that a little party at the Bowling Alley was comparable to doing one at home and the big perk: I don't have to clean up or prepare anything! That's worth the little extra we may have spent!

The birthday boy loved it and they even had his picture on the TV when he bowled and a 'Happy Birthday J.' banner running across the bottom of the screen. He thought it was just too cool!

No comments: