Monday, July 30, 2007

What a Pigsty!

After nearly 4 days of rain this past week, the kids were glad to be able to finally play outside. B. had her friend come by to swim in the pool which was now very full. We keep the water level some inches lower since J. isn't quite tall enough to keep his head above the water while standing. Poor fella. One day he'll shoot up...

I went outside yesterday evening to see what J. was up to and I find him in the pig pen...not normally a good sign since it's so muddy in there and he loves mud.

I of course brought the camera and this is what I saw:











He said that he was 'decorating' the pigs (with dirt and grass clods). He was so filthy, but enjoying himself. A country kid's life at it's best I guess (or for a country mom, another muddy mess to clean up after in the house! LOL).

He really likes our pigs though. They are Hampshires and are pushy with me, but gentle with him. In about 50 more pounds or so, I won't be letting him go in there alone. They'll be over 100 lbs then and could hurt him unintentionally. These are not pets though...they will eventually be in my freezer. He knows that and enjoys them while we have them.

I love what the pigs are doing to my garden though. They are the best natural rototillers ever! I have them in a pen where my garden was and they are really doing what they do best:

No comments: