When does it end really? Dog & cat food, beef, lunch meats, chicken, toothpaste, and now bread! I think it's only getting worse...
Recently I was prompted to start making our bread. I had loaned my bread machine to a friend to use. She was so excited to have it. But a couple of weeks ago I asked if perhaps I could 'borrow' it back for a week or so until I purchased a new one and she said I could have it back no problem-she'd only used it maybe once! LOL. So it sits on my counter being used almost daily. I'm not real keen on the actually baking it does, but it mixes dough just great. So in my ingredients go for Oatmeal Wheat Bread and later we have some yummy bread to eat. Plus it sure makes the house smell good!
Well this morning I hopped on the net like I usually do, after all the farm animals are fed, and I find that there has been a recall on the bread that I was buying a few weeks ago! It's been recalled for having metal shavings in the bread! Let's see: flour-check, milk-check, butter, salt, sweetner, check-check-check, oh-metal shavings-check! How in the world do metal shavings end up in bread?! So here I sit, listening to my bread machine mix more dough and thinking about the good bread that I'll be eating in a few hours. I sure wish I could share it with you!
More info on the Recall from Sara Lee:
http://www.todaysthv.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=49743
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment