Let me preface this by saying that my kids are normally really great when we run errands. People compliment them on their manners and behavior. They are quite patient and I explain the places that we'll be going and about what time we'll be done so they'll have a little understanding of what will be going on for the day....today was not one of those good days...
This post is a major vent and so will be kind of long....
This morning started off good. The kids were excited that we were going to be 'skipping' school for today. I had tons of errands that I needed to take care of and wanted to visit the Scholastic book warehouse downtown for their 50% off sale-the kids love books too and so they were excited. I didn't end up finding a whole lot, but did get a huge animal book (great reference book for school) that the kids wanted, a Christmas gift for my nephew and two stocking stuffer's for our two. Plus I had a $10 off coupon I got to use. Anyways....
I herded the kids along to get dressed in some timely manner and then out to feed the animals, check for eggs, and get things picked up before we headed out. I had nicely agreed to let them bring their Nintendo DS along for the ride (I hate that thing though-most of the time they gripe when each other is playing it-they know if I hear it, I'll just take it)...thought I was being nice, but it ended up biting me in the butt later. I've now learned my lesson.
Headed to the bank, took them over to the nearby Waffle House (their favorite and we're getting one in our little town. They are ecstatic!). Had a nice quick breakfast and then out the door to Scholastic. Heard a little grumbling that so and so was getting more time on the game...I had to warn them that I didn't want to hear it and that I was watching the time so they each got the same. That if they kept complaining they'd be done for the day. Checked out and headed over to Target (my favorite store). Made them put the game up since we would be in and out of stores for a bit-more grumbling. We got some groceries, they spent their allowance and off we went to Smoothie King since everyone was thirsty and I had a 'buy one get one free' coupon (I love coupons). The "Can we play the game?" badgering had already started while leaving the store and "Aren't we done yet". No! Off to Office Depot to make a return, then over to PetSmart to get a harness for Maggie and some more dog treats, one of which she's devouring right now. Kids ask to play games on the way home and I agree to flip a coin (daughters favorite). We did the "pick a number 'tween 1 and 10" the first time (son's favorite). So I flipped and it didn't flip, just fell to the console-sister is gloating that she won, but I always flip three times and she knows it, so she pitches a fit that "that's not fair, I won" and brother is hollering that it didn't flip and so I turn around and holler back...NO ONE IS PLAYING THE REST OF THE DAY! That went over well and I dared them to fuss...they know I'll add another to it. Did I mention I hate that thing. Oh and another "Aren't we done yet?". NO!
Then to Wal-Mart (a place I despise-many, many reasons why) to make a return. Well after dealing with the 'service' desk associates (what ever happened to good customer service? I worked that department for a time, some years ago...one thing you don't do it imply that a customer is lying!) I let them know that they just added another reason that I have stopped shopping in the Wal-Mart stores. So now I'm off to Taco Smell (YUCK!) to get my son a Crunchwrap Supreme that I agreed he could have weeks ago after passing another one on our hurried way home. Sister doesn't want yucky Taco Bell (don't blame her) and we drive next door to McD's. Don't care for that place either, but their little snack wraps are a filling little snack. Asked her three times what kind she wanted: Grilled with Honey Mustard. Are you sure you want grilled? Yes, not crunchy. So I ordered...she opens it up and all of a sudden she busts out squalling with crazy alligator tears...what the! I pull over and look at her only to hear her say: "I didn't want this one! I wanted the one with the crust!" Ummmm...that's not what you said... you said, "Not crunchy". You do know the meaning of crunchy and grilled don't you?--Nods head a little--One is on the grill and one has a crispy crust. Just give it to me...I was going to eat it. She stuffed it into her mouth....the Drama Queen at her best. I really don't want to see what she's going to be like when the hormones start kicking in! She's already way too overboard some days for me...
We get back on the freeway and I text messaged my hubby...been having issues with it though and once again I got the message: "duplicate message: deleted" back...so I decide to call Verizon (nice customer service). They have to take care of it when I get home...I need to be off the phone.
Got home, started to head out to feed animals...had to ask the kids multiple times to get the stuff out of the truck and put away. They're still aggravated that they can't play 'games'. Got all the feed ready and headed out to the back. Got the goats fed, but got ticked that the darn horned buck had rammed me in the back of my leg and horned me behind the knee! That spot is tender. The pigs had just rolled in their muddy wallow and as I went to feed them they decided to get up close and personal and then shake...Gross! Got the eggs collected (had a friend coming for a dozen) and then started on the horses.
I have to tie them right now because the shed area is out of commission with all the dirt sitting there. Pedro (17 yrs old) is a pig and gets barely a handful of feed and will go steal Charmers who is a yearling and gets a good bit since he's growing. I tied them up and got started on the feeding...I don't know what set Charmer off, but all of a sudden he sat back on his halter (a 'be-nice' halter-they aren't nice when a horse pulls back) and started to thrash...then he thrashed more when he realized the halter wasn't coming loose...all I could do was watch as he proceeded to pull my wooden post and rail fence backwards...he cracked the 4x4 post at the ground (cemented in-that's going to be fun to fix) and pulled 3 of the 2x6x8 boards off and 3 others loose from the neighboring posts...the fence held though and he quickly realized that he wasn't getting loose and came forward. I don't think he'll be doing that again for a while. He tried that the day before while tied to the trailer, but with a regular halter on. Hence why I changed to the "Be-nice" one.
Little did I know I had an audience of 3 men (neighbors) and 3 kids (2 being mine) heading to the pond to fish. The men were snorting, one saying..."you shoulda tied him to a better post". (Uh, Yeah I know that!) and my son was asking "whatcha doin' "-he asks me that all the time, but I sure wasn't in the mood for it then- as I untied the horse, put him on the post I usually (and should have) used and proceeded to start repairing the fence...
Good Grief...
I didn't feed him right then, but took him off to lunge him...for some reason he's 'forgotten' how to circle round me and respect my space (he's been bad about that lately so we've been working on it. Yesterday he tried to run me over and smashed my calf muscle with his hoof-nice!). I refreshed his memory on how to circle, back up, whoa, move forward, keep trotting and stay out of my face...some of it wasn't pretty and I found out that I still had an audience of 3 men! I'm sure they had a running commentary going on over there...
I'm heading off to bed now with a headache, a few more bruises, and a sore knee that the arthritis has started in on this evening...gotta love that. It's going to take me forever to get to sleep at this rate...tomorrow will be better...at least I hope so!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment