Well Friday sure didn't start off any better than Thursday ended! I got up late since I didn't sleep well-thank you arthritis! One can't get up late on a farm...people seem to think that animals aren't all that bright, or that they don't have feelings...well let me tell you, I can tell the difference between: "Hey here comes the food everyone!" and "Hey, you are late and we are starving! Don't you have any compassion for us poor animals!? We're withering out here!". All 5 different kinds of animals and make each statement well known to me, LOL!
So I get everyone fed and headed int to change my shorts and wash down my legs, thanks to two pigs who decided it would be a great payback to run their snotty slobbery little mouths all over my legs and then run under me causing me to fall backwards into the dirt. I promised them that I'd not be late again! Though if I happen to be, I'll just throw the feed over the fence and go! :-)
I got the kids together to get started school work. Jacob wanted to fuss about the work he had. We'd skipped Thursday and so we had to double up or do it on Saturday and they both wanted it done since they wanted to go to their church activity that morning and not have to come home to school work that afternoon. He got busy after a while and it was heading into lunch. I wanted the Crab cake that I'd bought at Whole Foods the day before. They make some yummy ones there. J and I both love them. I put it in my little cast iron skillet (I love cast iron!) and got out the Remoulade sauce that I wanted to have with it. I went to shake it and I swear that lid was on; I'd checked it twice the day before after Jacob used it. Lets just say that it wasn't on good enough! It went EVERYWHERE! I was really shaking it I guess...it was all over the kitchen and dining room floor, refrigerator, back door, walls, counter doors, drawers, counter tops, and lastly my hair and one whole side of my shirt from shoulder to hip! Good Grief!
You know people have blogs about all the crazy things their kids manage to get into and do like this mom of 6 kids . I love her blog and pop in from time to time to read what's going on with her. I, personally, could have a whole blog entirely devoted to my goofy, clumsy, accident prone self. I kind of have a no holds bar approach to doing things. I tend to get right in there and get it done...unfortunately I do a doozy to myself in the process. I can normally count at least 4 bruises on my body at any given time and I might only remember how I got 1 of them. I can go through a box of band-aids in less than two weeks...it's pitiful really.
I do have to say that my day got a little better after the Remoulade incident. Britney offered to help me clean it up after the initial shocked look on my face wore off, but she only succeeded in smearing it around and that stuff is greasy. I thanked her and offered her something else to do instead so I could get it done quickly. She graciously accepted and I headed off for a mop bucket and a few rags...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment