Monday, September 10, 2007

Jamboree Day!

Our Jamboree went pretty well considering the condition of the field we had to play on (it had rained quite a bit the night before). I also had the time of our first game wrong (I thought it was 10:30) but had instructed the parents of the kids to be there at 10:15. They would have all been on time for the game, had they all showed up as instructed. As it was, they trickled in and we had to start the game with only 5 kids. They played the first almost 20 minutes themselves and I was a bit upset that they were putting in their all and the rest of the parents hadn't showed up with their children. Most of them were there by 10:40. I don't think they realize that the children end up suffering the consequences of their tardiness since if they aren't there on time, then we risk forfeiting the game for lack of players. The referees can't wait for them to show...

Anyways...back to the games. We played two games, the first we lost 4-2. They sure tried hard and blocked a bunch of goals, they did so well for a team short of half the players. The second game we played we won 2-0. They blocked 7 goals of the other team; we have an excellent defender and two great goalies already! It's amazing watching them help each other out there and learning things as they played.

No comments: