That was the statement made by the kids this afternoon after practice! I love that! I guess we're doing ok then with coaching and though they are tired, they are still having fun. Today Steve was finally able to come and help and they seemed to like him. My husband really enjoyed the politeness of some of the boys and remarked on them during dinner. He loved how they all seemed to get right in there and really practice hard. We've got a great group...still they are boys and do get silly sometimes, but they normally straighten up with a little reprimand. Of course the few that keep it up, found out that coach will assign laps and truly make them run them, while dribbling their balls ;-) LOL.
Oh and I wanted to add that I have a great group of parents. They help when they can, make sure their kids behave, listen and respect each other, cheer for each of them and try and help keep them focused during the games, and get them to practice on time! Great parents make coaching a lot easier and more enjoyable! THANKS PARENTS!
I laughed last week though when one of the boys asked me, "Coach, how much do you get paid to be here". I told him that we coaches are volunteers. That means that we do not get paid to coach them. He looked at me like he didn't believe me at first, but then I asked if he would he please step off my cone since I paid for those myself and would like them to last the season. LOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment