Saturday, November 3, 2007

And the season ends...

The kids finished up the soccer season quite well. J's team won 4-1. They played well and literally ran circles around the other kids. J played pretty good, but towards the end his focus was wanning. I bribed him....I'm ashamed to admit it! LOL I told him that each time he connected with that ball for a good kick or pass I'd pay him .50 cents! LOL. He told me at the end of the game that I owed him $2.00. It got him moving though! A lot of my kids seemed a little sluggish throughout the game. At one point one of the kids was upset that his parents were out there hollaring at him I guess telling him what to do and he knew what he was supposed to be doing. I told the kids at half time to not listen to their parents during the game. They were to listen only to my directions and the refs...period. J turns to me and says with a smile: "Well then, I guess I can't listen to you mom!" Little goober.

B's team didn't win. They did play well though and would have made some goals if a couple of the girls would just learn to look up and pass the ball off to their team mates. B almost made a goal too, but had no team mate up there helping her out...

My team wants to continue to practice once a week through the winter. I think that's great!

Till next season...

No comments: