We sold two goats today and the big white roo that the kids called Charmin, LOL. Little did I know how my morning would turn out after we delivered them....
It's rained here so much that the guy couldn't get his trailer unstuck so we offered to deliver them for him. We sold him the two older ones since all he wanted them for was brush clearing and not breeding. We got there, pulled the big brown one out and put it into the guys pen. I had told him that his electric lines must be close together and near the ground so they wouldn't get out...his lines weren't and he put them in anyways. That goat got out in 2 seconds flat! We then were led on a good long chase of the thing, which I had just come to realize was a male. I always took it for a female. I guess I wasn't paying much attention to all that. I'd just assumed they were all females! Boy did I feel dumb when I had to tell him. Come to find out, they were both males! LOL. Their bellies are so hairy I actually had to feel up under there. I guess I never really stood around long enough to see them pee! LOL. We had to carry that blasted thing back at one point because he just flopped down and refused to move! What a goob.
The fellow didn't care that they were males and they were eventually put up into the horse trailer he had until he could make a pen for them. I wish him luck!
So we're now down to 8 goats...I need to catch the other wild ones and check them too; or else just stand around for a while and wait for them to 'go'. I'm not in need of any males and I'll sell them too.
We should be getting a Hereford calf this week from a friend of ours. We're going to raise it out for the freezer. The kids are trying to find a funny name for it. Our little neighbor friend wants to call it Angus, which would be cute if it was a Black Angus calf, but it's not. Then B said to call it Chili. I suggested Sirloin, LOL. We'll see.
B and I ran off to town to do some shopping after we delivered the goats and man were the stores packed! It was worse than before Christmas. I don't understand what the deal was.
We are letting the kids stay up late tonight to watch the ball drop. They don't seem to have on any shows for the kids late on TV though. Last year B watched a cute Cinderella movie on TV until right before the ball dropped.
Hope you all have a wonderful New Years tonight. Pray that the kids don't drive me up the wall since I'm sure they'll be ultra tired and just plain silly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I loved to read the stories of the goats. My dd hates to sell ours. That's the hard part of kidding season.
Danika
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/LibertyAcademy/
Post a Comment