Monday, March 31, 2008

Almost finished...

I have about 6 more feet to plant in 'Mondo' grass along the new brick pathway out front. I'd post pictures of my progress, but unfortunately with our good computer being out and using our old one without any of my programs for downloading pics, I'm not even going to bother attempting it.

It does look nice though and I can't wait for it to be done....my back has been killing me each evening from all the bending over and that Mondo grass is a huge pain to separate. I've just taken to cutting it apart in clumps and planting it, LOL.

Today we're back to the school grind. I did take a week off a bit ago, but with all the other kids they know on spring break, I let them have last week off too. We did have a ton to do anyways. Now we'll just pick up where we left off. I love that about homeschooling. They were still learning though. We discussed fire safety during the cookout for the Faith in God activity. They taught the other kids about the animals we had on the farm and how to handle them. They helped me set the stones on the walkway, dig up and plant the Mondo grass, and learn about the different kinds of dirt in our yard (I was also asked by Little Man: Does the orange dirt mean we're getting closer to the 'lava' in the earth? Can he build a machine and dig there? How close could he get? What dirt is gray? Has anyone tried to go into the lava before? The questions just kept coming, LOL!).

I'd better run...need to get the kids up to help me feed the farm, then it's breakfast and school work. Till later..........

No comments: