we are being overrun by eggs! We're getting a dozen a day right now and my fridge perpetually seems to have 5 dozen at a time in there! We pretty much walk out there with a carton and fill it up! It's nice though seeing them all laying so well.
I am going to be putting up a flyer at the feed store to sell some of these babies and a couple of goats. I really need to downsize. The feed went up again two weeks ago. Horse feed jumped a dollar in two weeks, cow feed .75 cents more, goat and chicken feed .50 cents more. This is the fourth hike this year...it's just nuts. Luckily we've got pasture and grass to put the animals out on. I need to get a bale of hay for the calf so he'll have something to munch on in there. I so wish I could let him out in the pasture, but the fence isn't good for that.
I'm heading out in a sec to feed some of them and let the smaller livestock out into the back and front yard. Atleast they'll keep it mowed down and we'll save gas from the mower, LOL. Gas is rediculous right now too...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You're lucky to be getting so many eggs! We save up all our eggs every week and then have a big breakfast with them on Saturday mornings, LOL! For baking etc. during the week I have to use either powdered egg or store bought eggs. It's too funny.
About the little egg cups - those ones I got from my mom who sent them from South Africa. You may want to try Linens & Things or maybe Sears.
Glad to hear your neighbor apologized, that's great!
Post a Comment