Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Baton Rouge Zoo....

We have a nice little zoo. My friend and I had talked about going the day before while we were weeding the flower beds at church with our kids-they desperately needed it. I normally get a family pass each year, but I'd let it go last year, so I had to renew mine this time.

Anyways... The kids enjoyed their visit, although B lost her glasses and of course for anyone who knows her, it was a drama filled half and hour about it because 'mean mom' wouldn't go back all over the Zoo to find them! I had told them before we'd left the house not to bring anything with them that they wouldn't care to lose, because I was not holding anything and I was not walking around a Zoo looking for anything...though we did head back towards where she thought she lost them because my friend wanted to get a rootbear float. So there was some redemption for her and 'mean mom'. She still didn't find them, but we checked lost and found and will call them to find out if they were turned in...she was somewhat pacified about it then...

They got to play on the playground which they enjoyed, then we headed back home and to take a rest-well sort of...I had to run by Wally World and get a few things, then we headed home to rest...but then I realized that I needed to fold a couple loads of laundry, start the baked potatoes for Enrichment that night (a monthly church activity for ladies that I am in charge of), get the other items ready for the potato and salad bar, feed the farm animals, finish dinner for my crew, head to the church to set up with my friend, and then back home to pick all the food up and head back to church with it. I don't think I actually got a rest in there! LOL!


No it's not the circus :-). They put on a little show during the day...this is Bozie going through different maneuvers.

Little Man was trying to talk to and look at B through that little periscope...he was just too short to actually reach it without pulling himself up...My friend and I just laughed when we realized what he was doing over there...poor fella! He's totally got his parent's short genes so far...unfortunately I think his sister will end up taller.

No comments: