Saturday, March 1, 2008

Life on a farm sometimes is hard....

Well, our last goat that was due, just couldn't birth the kid. It was a really big one and was stuck and died...we tried to help her, but it wasn't happening. It was plain stuck. She wasn't doing well and unfortunately was getting on in her years. We had her put down to alleviate her suffering. I didn't feel it was a good idea to open her up and pull out the kid at her age.

B was upset about it when we told her. We had made her go inside once the decision was made. She of course wanted to know 'what' we did. She's old enough to know if she's asking. She understands that living on a farm has it's drawbacks sometimes and can be hard. I have decided that I really need to get a small pistol. I had to ask our neighbor, a hunter, to come and take care of her for me. I know he felt bad as we all did...it's hard to take an animals life even when you know it's suffering.

Rest in Peace Nutmeg...

No comments: