Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A little cuteness for today...

So cute! One of our ewes and her twins...happy and snuggled up next to their mother.

I need a bit of a pick me up after the weekend I've had...it's been one I don't want to have to repeat.

I came home on Sunday to find that one of our ewe's had given birth to twins. Quite nice considering many first year ewe's normally birth singles. They are just too cute. Then on Monday we go out and notice that the other ewe is starting to birth. The kids, Steve and I checked on her periodically. The kids and I were able to see her birth one and I was pretty sure that she had another in there being that it was as small as the other set of twins. I was right and we just missed the other one an hour or so later, but was still able to help clean it off a bit. Our ewe's, Daisy and Willow, each had a boy and girl. One of the boys has brown spots on him. He is so cute. They are really starting to get their legs in order and are starting to jump around and play.

Our little buckling is getting so big so quickly. He weighs quite a bit now as I found out when I picked him up today to love on him.

Of course here are some pictures!
Right after it was born:
Man they get up fast...within 10 minutes that baby was up and trying to nurse...it was cute though to see it scooting over to the teats even though it hadn't quite got it's legs under it!

No comments: