Friday, March 28, 2008

UGHHH...

Computers...what did we ever do without them? A whole lot more that's for sure, LOL. I have a tendency to stay on here too long some days.

Unfortunately, lately I have not been able to get on. Our computer went on the fritz last weekend and hubby is trying to figure out the problem...the think is just over two years old and I am ticked. We spent a good bit on it. Steve likes to play games online and with the kids so he got all sorts of up-grades for it.

I hit the library to use their computers...half the sites I couldn't get on due to their blockage system. Steve switched us over to the 'old' yet working computer and so that's what we're using now, but it's slow and I still can not go to some sites...it can't handle them. I needed to finish my order with Kodak.com, but I can't see one blasted picture in any of my albums to know what I'm ordering! LOL.

Hopefully we'll have the other computer up and running before too long. Steve has a part on order for it...I pray that it's the issue and not something else....

The last few days have seen me outside putting in our stone walkway to the front door from the driveway...it's a long walkway! I've had to stabilize each stone with some sand so they don't rock, and then I went along the whole path and cut a trench of sorts 6" wide. Tomorrow I'll be taking all the grass out of the trench and shaking the dirt from it, then add some manure and good soil to it, then planting the Mondo grass that my neighbor so graciously gave me to edge the path...I can't wait until it's finished. It's been a lot of work so far, but we needed it. Visitors can't use the back door anymore since we've got the drive gate up now.

On another note...I think Taffy, my dairy doe, and her little baby, got into something noxious as both were icky sick this afternoon. The doe looks like she's coming round and was wanting to munch down hay...the baby was still green in the gills...

Oh and the neighbor's have done it again....they have been letting their dogs out and I of course wasn't home this time. I've already called them once and got upset because they were in our pasture chasing our horses a few weeks ago. Of course they are more rambunctious dogs that haven't been taught any manners or commands. They are the ones that as puppies, killed all 23 of our pullets...not thrilled at all.

Today they were in our pasture and tried to eat our Golden Sex Link hen...she is one of our original hens from our very first batch. We really like her and she is very sweet. They chased her down into the horse shed and pulled her feather out and gave her four puncture wounds. I dressed her wounds and cleaned her up. I hope she does okay. They will be talked with tomorrow. My husband had to step on the dogs to keep them away from the hen. The owner was hollaring for them, of course that does absolutely no good. I am livid to say the least.. I am not going to be returning their dogs every time they are out like I tried to before....I was attempting to be nice, but they know I don't have the patience anymore.

Well on to tomorrow. Little Man is at a birthday party tonight..they are out in their tents for the sleep over! LOL. He has a game at 8:30 though so I have to go get him early. B has a game at 9 and Steve has to work; I'll miss the first half. Then it's back home to work on the pathway...

I'm off to sleep...it's been a long day.

No comments: