He was doing so good...
We went to Gonzales for our last soccer matches. We had been invited to come. The Hawks lost the first game 2-1, though I think it should have been a tie. The teams were well matched. One of our goals didn't count the ref said because our boy kicked it while the goalies hands were going down for it...it rolled right through the goalies hands and between his legs into the goal...the kids were upset, but as I explained, it's the refs call. We aren't to argue.
They won the next game 7-1! They played much better though in that game and thus I think could have won their first game had they played the same. We even let Little Man play forward and though he doesn't understand the concept of spread out and wait for the ball to be passed, he ran around like a maniac trying! The older forwards were proud that he 'hit the button' as they all say, even though he didn't help them a whole lot they still tried to work with him. WE also let him do a corner kick which is really hard for him to do well since he doesn't have a lot of power behind his kicks yet. He did get it out there though really nice and if I remember right I think they scored a goal off of it (or they almost did)...they scored so many goals in that game that I forget how they were all done. They did douse me with some water they had left over and the ice from my cooler. They all found that quite funny! I just found it cold, LOL. It was a cool and windy day, though sunny. Steve and Sweet Girl got burned. Steve was burned on just about any skin that was exposed, poor guy! Sweet Girl's shoulders were burned as they wear sleeveless jerseys.
The Lady Tigers (B's team), lost both games. I thought their coach was going to bust a blood vessel during their last game! I could hear him over on my field loud and clear...Sweet Girl said that the last team they played were really rough. They would kick them anywhere they could and then take the ball. She has bruises to prove it and those were under the shin guards! I do not like teams that play like that.
We headed home and stopped at McD's (...uck!) for a restroom break and a snack for the hour drive back. Well...Little Man being the wild, never paying attention to where he's going or what he's doing, hops right over from the back seat into the middle seat and steps right into the basket that the bird was in...it died. Atleast it was quick though. LIttle Man was upset and felt bad, of course Sweet Girl became a sobbing hysterical mess that she is well known for, and Steve and I had a bit of a talk with him about paying attention to where he is and where he's going! He is constantly running into people and things because his head/brain is off in lala land...I know he felt bad, but I hope he tries harder to pay more attention to things.
We all came home and crashed for a little while. We were all tired.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment