It frustrates me to no end to see skinny animals...if you can't afford to feed them, don't have them. It's as simple as that. It's one thing for an animal to be slightly ribby...to me that means a shadowing can be seen when they are breathing or moving at play or work, but it's entirely another thing to be able to count every rib bone, hip bone, vertebra, etc. I keep my horses a little thinner in the summer due to this heat. They are plumped up come winter so they can stay warm. They get fed well as does everything here.
These puppies I have here. There was not a thing wrong with them that food and some wormer fixed right up. They are starting to fill out now and though they aren't fleshy yet, they are looking much better and feeling much better now. They truely seem to love it here (not good, LOL!)...you know as well as I do, that they are probably going to stay...unless I can find them a good home...we'll see...
I plan to stop back by the neighbors house; they have a new foal...I went over to help with getting the baby to nurse this morning. Mama wouldn't let her and kicks at her. I twitched her (with my hand on her lip) and stood at her head while they helped the baby get under. By the time I left all they needed to do was stand at her head and the mare would let the baby get under there...it'll just take some time. I want to take a printout to them for some tips on what to feed her to get her back into shape. They asked me about feeding her and gave them some options including buying some weight gain powder to help her out a bit. We shall see. I'm sure they are trying hard since they have been feeding her from what they've said, but it's a matter of the right combo to keep the weight on her good. They also had the vet out so that is a plus right there. Atleast they are trying...I can't say the same for some of the other people around here....
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment