I would love to get in here more and post more pics...but alas, I seem to let the days slip by!
We haven't been outside much unless it's in the pool. That happens when it's 94 degrees outside with so much humidity that makes even the mosquitos go into hiding it's so hot and damp.
Hope everone had a nice 4th. Our air was out that weekend! How's that for a Happy 4th? We've got it fixed now and are nice and cool.
The puppies are doing well, gaining weight, learning commands, becoming crate trained and just generally being sweet...hubby keeps saying he wants to keep them (they are cute and sweet and I totally don't blame him), but I've mentioned a few times that they still need another flea bath and that they need fed again...I didn't notice anyone getting up to do that so...I'm not having another two dogs to take care of that 'someone' else wanted. I think I have quite enough to do here already.
The dryer hasn't been fixed yet...I got some books from the library to help figure it out, but it seems to be not jumping out at Steve on what it is, so it still remains unrepaired. I don't care either way...the clothesline works great, the house is cooler from not running the dryer and our electric bill should be lower. All good reasons to leave it alone for now. It will dry on low or fluff, so I have used it a couple of times to finish drying something off the line that I've had to pull off early due to weather, but that happens rarely.
We recently hauled lambs to the processors. My late summer ram from last year weighed in at 44 lbs hanging weight. Not bad at all. I can't wait to see what my spring ram comes in at. He's quite big already. I'll be glad when I can take the last 'meat' animals this fall...feed is getting so costly with fuel and corn prices going up...
The kids have three weeks left of school. Yay! I'm trying to get everything put into binders and organized for next year. They are excited.
We have soccer camp coming up soon. I hope they learn a good bit. I've decided to coach again, but only if I have an assistant. Steve can't help out; too much schooling for him to do this fall.
The hens aren't laying-I'm figuring they are molting and we lost one the other day. I think two of them went to fighting and one keeled over. It was Little Man's favorite hen... I'm bummed though because I need to keep selling eggs. So many people want them from us. I've already had to call some and tell them no eggs this month...they'll wait though. That's how it goes when the whole flock was born at the same time frame...they all go into molt around the same time, LOL.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment