Monday, July 21, 2008

Hanging Laundry...

About a month or two ago our dryer went on the fritz. No worries though. I have an 'old fashioned' dryer as my kids called it one day. Drama Queen loves 'old fashioned' things. I laughed when she talks about stuff that's old fashioned. I can't wait to take her to some 'pioneer' places to visit and let her try a hand at the nostalgic old fashioned stuff that she so seems to enjoy.

Today was laundry day. It started off sunny and I got the clothes out a little later than I'd planned. A front rolled in later and sprinkled on them...didn't actually leave them wet though.

I love the smell of the laundry fresh off a line. I have been using a hypoallergenic softner and that helps with the stiffness that sometimes happens. I've got four lines out there now, though I need more pins.

Things I have enjoyed about it:
  • they smell good
  • the whites are really white now
  • it's so peaceful out there when I'm hanging...until all five dogs start barking at something.
  • it forces me to fold as I go. No laundry piles on the bed only to head to bed realizing that I forgot to get back to it and now they are wrinkled, swept into a basket, and left for another day. Now I come in, everything is sorted into each person's basket and delivered to their room...done!
  • I can get it all done in a few hours. The washer was always faster than the dryer here and it seemed it would take me all day to do laundry...not anymore.
  • the electric bill will be less!

Things I don't really like:

  • The spiders I sometimes see, LOL!
  • When it rains unexpectedly and I'm out there snatching clothes off...that's only happened once though; I'm much more watchful now.

I found that the wagon works really well for hauling that heavy wet laundry! You know, we got that for the kids for Christmas a few years ago and though they do use it a bit, I think I use it more around here than they do! LOL.

1 comment:

Dana said...

What was your fabric softener? We hang clothes and I would love a good softener.