The kids read so many books this year. Little Man came so far in his reading, so much so that he read through the beginning readers in less than 13 weeks (which were scheduled to take him all year), then he read through all of the intermediate readers that I'd saved just in case, and he started on some of the harder readers on an advanced level! I couldn't seem to keep up with what he was reading he was finishing them so fast! B herself reads a lot too. She has three to four books at a time on her bedside table!
I read aloud many books to the kids. They liked most of them and surprisingly they can recall favorite parts from some of the ones we read last fall. B's favorite was "A Little Princess" and Little Man liked ''A Cricket in Times Square''.
They can't wait for the new ones. I've got everything set on the shelves in the dining room. Little Man got down another science book and read straight through it! Good thing we have such a good library system. I can see that I'll be getting a lot of books this year to supplement his voracious reading appetite!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment