Got up and walked the dogs with my daughter. Normally I run them on my rollerblades. It helps to wear them out and they love it. That Sophie can really go and not even be tired! Anyways. I got back and went out to feed the farm. Looked out and Pedro is really limping...he'd been on and off for a bit and I couldn't figure out what it was. He'd limp one day, then be fine the next...yesterday it was bad though. So I called the vet and made an appointment, hooked up the trailer and headed out. Of course when I loaded him up he didn't act lame! figures... LOL.
Anyways...seems as if he has an abcess way up there that's trying to bust, but they couldn't dig any deeper-they were already over a half inch deep into the hoof and the hole was barely open...he's on antibiotics and bute and locked up since I need to keep his wrapped foot dry and clean as much as possible. Not an easy task with horses.
I had to go to the feed store and purchases some corral panels to close him off into the shelter area of the pasture. I can't use the run-in shed since it's now my feed shed...more $$$s spent...I got them set up and a water tub set out for Charmer..hoses moved so I can fill it up, and put hay out for Pedro so he'd have something to eat on. Though I don't think he touched it as he was too busy running the small fence line calling for Charmer.
Then Steve hollars out that I need to get going to piano lessons. So I head in, get the kids and head out the door to see that he's put his truck out in the driveway to leave for work and I'm blocked in...I need my vehicle so I play musical cars, only after I had to chase down two dogs that decided that as soon as a door and gate was opened, they'd haul off through them and run off...normally they're pretty good about staying behind them...so I chased down both dogs, one of which got 'sent' home by the neighbors dog not enjoying the fact that she was in his yard and the other required the use of his shock collar to bring him back...he's a big German shepherd and when he sees cats...the chase it on...so now I'm really late and must get going.
I head off to piano, get a few things at the store while Tall Girl is taking her lessons, grab lunch for the kids after I pick her up, and a smoothie for me (yum!), get my oil changed and ended up smashing my front end into a very large and strong post at the car shop...big dummy! Now my truck has a nice large dent from top to bottom of the fender...good grief...I was just trying to miss the car that was parked behind me...didn't even see that post next to my front end!
(Nice Huh!)
I get home, head back out to rewrap Pedro's foot since while I was gone he has pitched a royal fit about having to be separated, has worn his other wrap complete off from running back and forth, and is hollaring at me about it. That was fun since now I had to soak his foot multiple times because he kept jerking it out of the bucket...goober. I made the new wrap three times as thick...I wish I had a medi boot for him...then I wouldn't have to use so much vet wrap and duct tape.
Then it was time to take the kids to my friends house, as I was off to a soccer coach's clinic. Was there until 7:15 and headed off to Tractor Supply to get feed. I had a really good coupon to use before it expired and I'd tried to get feed earlier, but the truck hadn't arrived yet. Of course when I got there, it was just pulling in! The driver had got stuck behind a pretty bad 6 car pile up...so he gets it unloaded and I get my 14 bags of feed and head home...it's almost 8:30 now.
Got the kids home and ready for bed...as I'm heading out to feed the dogs Pedro hollars at me again...sorry buddy, your stuck for the next week or so!
Anyways...seems as if he has an abcess way up there that's trying to bust, but they couldn't dig any deeper-they were already over a half inch deep into the hoof and the hole was barely open...he's on antibiotics and bute and locked up since I need to keep his wrapped foot dry and clean as much as possible. Not an easy task with horses.
I had to go to the feed store and purchases some corral panels to close him off into the shelter area of the pasture. I can't use the run-in shed since it's now my feed shed...more $$$s spent...I got them set up and a water tub set out for Charmer..hoses moved so I can fill it up, and put hay out for Pedro so he'd have something to eat on. Though I don't think he touched it as he was too busy running the small fence line calling for Charmer.
Then Steve hollars out that I need to get going to piano lessons. So I head in, get the kids and head out the door to see that he's put his truck out in the driveway to leave for work and I'm blocked in...I need my vehicle so I play musical cars, only after I had to chase down two dogs that decided that as soon as a door and gate was opened, they'd haul off through them and run off...normally they're pretty good about staying behind them...so I chased down both dogs, one of which got 'sent' home by the neighbors dog not enjoying the fact that she was in his yard and the other required the use of his shock collar to bring him back...he's a big German shepherd and when he sees cats...the chase it on...so now I'm really late and must get going.
I head off to piano, get a few things at the store while Tall Girl is taking her lessons, grab lunch for the kids after I pick her up, and a smoothie for me (yum!), get my oil changed and ended up smashing my front end into a very large and strong post at the car shop...big dummy! Now my truck has a nice large dent from top to bottom of the fender...good grief...I was just trying to miss the car that was parked behind me...didn't even see that post next to my front end!
(Nice Huh!)I get home, head back out to rewrap Pedro's foot since while I was gone he has pitched a royal fit about having to be separated, has worn his other wrap complete off from running back and forth, and is hollaring at me about it. That was fun since now I had to soak his foot multiple times because he kept jerking it out of the bucket...goober. I made the new wrap three times as thick...I wish I had a medi boot for him...then I wouldn't have to use so much vet wrap and duct tape.
Then it was time to take the kids to my friends house, as I was off to a soccer coach's clinic. Was there until 7:15 and headed off to Tractor Supply to get feed. I had a really good coupon to use before it expired and I'd tried to get feed earlier, but the truck hadn't arrived yet. Of course when I got there, it was just pulling in! The driver had got stuck behind a pretty bad 6 car pile up...so he gets it unloaded and I get my 14 bags of feed and head home...it's almost 8:30 now.
Got the kids home and ready for bed...as I'm heading out to feed the dogs Pedro hollars at me again...sorry buddy, your stuck for the next week or so!

1 comment:
Country girl, sounds like quite a day. This is Karie from LDFR. Just wanted to pop in and say hi.
Karie
Post a Comment