Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I love wrapping presents!

When I was younger and no longer believed in Santa (and could keep secrets!), my mom put me in charge of wrapping gifts. I liked doing it...I was a little bit of a perfectionist...though at times it may not have looked like it!


To this day I still like wrapping gifts. I have a ton of them that are sitting in the closet waiting to be taken care of. I have some 'disguising' to do on some of them. I don't like wrapping some things up in their original packaging...gives the gift away. Of course one item I will be buying a large bow for...of course it will probably freak the poor thing out if I try attaching it to him. The previous owner did buy an embroidered halter for him for me to give to Tall Girl. I can't wait to see her face.


Speaking of Tall Girl...she helped me catch chickens today. We have been trying to cut back on our numbers a bit. I was giving a few away here and there to some budding homesteaders like myself (good friends of ours who we just love to death) and to an older pastor who wanted a few to have around for fresh eggs. We were trying to catch one more and for some reason we scared Napoleon half to death with the fish net that we were using...he literally jumped a smaller section of the pen I was keeping him in to cut down on his eating amounts, got his foot caught and kept right on going, ripping the fence with him...silly boy! I wasn't worried about the fence as I was his foot. He is fine. The fence that I use was smooth and didn't hurt him any. Scared the mess out of me though. Never can tell what horses do or think sometimes.


So I'm off tonight to start wrapping gifts. I'm still thinking on a gift for my dad and mom...dad is a little hard for me to buy for...but mom normally isn't. I need to get my Christmas cards out though...I haven't even started yet and normally I have them out and in the mail already!


Till later!

No comments: