So it started snowing early on the 11th and it didn't stop until mid afternoon. By the time it was all said and done, almost 6" of snow was on the ground. We lost many limbs from our live oak trees and we lost the entire live oak tree that was right off our back porch. I was very disappointed. It would have eventually been cut down as it was really too close to the house, but I sure didn't want to do it any time soon!
The horses were miserable the whole day. I felt bad for them...they wouldn't stay in the shed, they were soaked from the rain the whole day and night before, they were shivering and there wasn't anything I could really do about it. They got lots of hay though to keep them warm. Poor Napoleon got the worst of it as the other two wouldn't let him in the shed at all!

The kids really loved all the snow. They went through a ton of clothes since I wouldn't let them go back out in wet clothing. They don't really have proper snow gear, but that didn't stop them from playing until they could no longer feel their hands or feet..."we're fine mom"!
They made 6 snowmen, had tons of snowball fights and declared it the "Best day of their whole life"!
Jacob's other 'snow-woman'. It's supposed to be Britney and she has leaves for hair, LOL!

No comments:
Post a Comment