So I didn't go to bed until after midnight this morning since I was up with Tall Girl. Of course it took me a while to fall asleep with my pup and Steve snoring on each side of me. Steve got up this morning to head off to work and came back to tell me that it was snowing outside...and not some rinky dink snow like last year that made our roof white. This is a full blown real snow. It's slushy as all get out...it's going to shut down the city since we don't have anything remotely capable of dealing with that..no sand or salt machines. People are going to drive stupidly I'm sure, so there will be extra crews out today pulling people from ditches. I sure hope none of that happens though.
Of course he had to wake the kids too...who have no appropriate snow clothing...why would they though?! We live in Louisiana. The other day they were wearing shorts! It's December for goodness sake, LOL!


They headed out there and I took some pictures. It's the only real snow they've seen in a long time. I so wish we could take them up north for a little while to enjoy a good snow, but that will have to wait. The dogs freaked out though when I sent them out. Sophie ran out and then ran back to the house, jumping onto the water barrels on the porch. She looked at me like there was no way she was going back out in that weird stuff! She had been super glued to my leg since I let her back in. As I type, she is resting her chin on my leg, patiently waiting for me to start petting her again. She's been like that for the last 10 minutes! I think she's wanting to head back to bed, but she won't go without me to the bedroom.
Steve is not used to driving in that sort of stuff anymore so I hope he's real careful on his way to work.

It would have been really nice if this would have happened on Christmas Eve or Day...that would have been awesome!

No comments:
Post a Comment