Monday, July 27, 2009

A little update of sorts....

Horray for some days of rain, but if it would keep gone this week (or atleast in the evening) I'd be glad and so would all the soccer kids that are excited to be attending camp this week. This includes my daughter. Little Man doesn't want to now, but true to form, he'll want to once he sees the other kids there. Tall Girl is so rediculously skinny that I've started making her nutritional milkshakes to drink each day. She eats like a bird most days (with soccer season coming on that won't last long).

School is almost over. We've got three weeks to finish four weeks! We are doubling up this week, doing weeks 33 and 34 in 5 days. The kids finished in record time today and with a great attitude to boot. They are glad to be finishing up and heading out on vacation for the next two weeks. We plan on seeing the Arch in St. Louis and probably riding the riverboat since they both have historic info on the time period around the 1800's which is where we've ended in our studies this year. Then it's on to historic Nauvoo where we'll sleep in a restored 1700's cabin and see bricks made, gunsmithing, shoe making, blacksmithing, bakeries, the temple, etc. I can't wait for that.

After our visit there, we'll head over to Cleveland to visit family and a few museums while we are there. It will be nice seeing everyone. We haven't been in a few years and they'll be surprised to see how big the kids have gotten! From there we'll head back home with a couple of stops on the way. It's going to be fun!

One place I'm wanting to stop if it doesn't rain too much is Squire Boone Caverns. The kids love cave formations. We've seen parts of Mammoth Cave in Kentucky and plan to do more. This one is supposed to be really neat.

Time to get dinner going....I have no idea what, but I'm sure with all the food storage I have, I can come up with something!

No comments: