Friday, July 10, 2009

Our excitement for the day....

So I'm looking high and low for this book the kids are supposed to be reading. Supposedly they are enjoying it, but 'someone' has misplaced it and 'Not me 1' and 'Not me 2' won't lay claim to it. I head into 'Not me 1's' room and can't seem to find it...I head into 'Not me 2's' room and search around. I decided to look in the dress up bin since many things seemingly find their way in there. I unloaded it...nope...so I move the bin to check behind it and something flashes by...WHAT! Yeah, something flew by along the baseboard!

I quickly load most of the stuff back into the bin, but the shields are still sitting piled on each other with the thing that flashed by underneath them. So I carefully pick up the ones on top while calling for the kids to get in there and bring a glass dish with them. Most of the time those two move like molasses on a cold day when you ask them to do things, but they'd heard me squeal and hollar for a dish so of course they act like their fannies are on fire now!

Not Me 2 hands me the dish and I tell him to get into position with his hands blocking the way. Great mom I am. I don't even know what the thing really is yet and I'm telling him to use his cute little hands to block the thing...he doesn't blink an eye as he pops his hands into place!


I lift the last shield and off runs this quite large gecko! Not Me 2 did not catch it, but managed to send it back my way and I trapped it under the glass bowl, slid a paper underneath and prepared to take it to be released back where it belongs! How it got in or survived in that boy's room I'll never know, but it sure was cute! Of course he wanted to keep it! Not Me 1 kept fretting over it not being able to breathe and to hurry and release the poor thing.
It seemed to be glad to be off into the flower bed...


Oh and I still haven't found the book....I guess it ran off to where all the socks, belts, shoes, etc go to.......................

No comments: