Thursday, June 25, 2009

Recovery....recovery...

I do not like recovery! It's no fun not being able to do things you used to because you get too tired or you aren't allowed to yet...a trip to town yesterday wore me out and I've never been a nap person so I'm having a hard time taking a nap in the middle of the day. I am however attempting to atleast lay in the bed and rest-which is what I'm doing now only I've got the laptop with me, lol.

I was supposed to go see my doc yesterday for my 2 week checkup. I was very excited about this because in my little surgery booklet, it said that I could be released for driving around this time for very short trips only. I arrive at the office to find that 1-the doc is not in, 2-I was not called and informed of this because someone forgot to add my appointment timet to the list that day and 3-he doesn't normally release patients for driving until 4-5 weeks after surgery! Seriously?! Yes, she was serious. I was very disappointed about all of it...

Soooooo....this now puts a damper on things around here. The kids have some activities scheduled and Steve has to go back to work...I have some friends that I can call to arrange some rides though and I'm fortunate to have them!

We think Steve's truck has a fuel pump issue. His truck is barely 2 years old. The dealership will be getting a call about this. There is no reason for that to be malfunctioning yet. He (reluctantly) is having to drive my girlie banged up rig to work instead, lol!

The kids are doing great. Trying to finish up the last weeks of school. They are of course fussing about schooling over the summer, but as I explained to them, would they rather sit inside when it's beautiful in the fall and spring and school, or sit inside during the extreme heat of summer and school...they don't like to be outside then and would be bored to death with 'nothing to do all day'! LOL They did agree that our way is much nicer. We will be finished before we head to Ohio to visit family at the end of August. We will have to double up on two separate weeks, but we'll be done and won't have to worry about school until we come back. It will be so nice!

No comments: