The Jail/Home of the jailer. An interesting tidbit of info: On those old homes you sometimes see the iron stars or 'S' shaped irons on the outside walls. They are iron rods, placed between floors to help stabilize the home structure, I was told. Interesting.Monday, September 14, 2009
Carthage Jail...
Our next stop was Carthage, IL to the jail where Jospeph and Hyrum Smith and their companions where jailed. You can read more about it here: http://www.lds.org/placestovisit/location/0,10634,1844-1-1-1,00.html
The Jail/Home of the jailer. An interesting tidbit of info: On those old homes you sometimes see the iron stars or 'S' shaped irons on the outside walls. They are iron rods, placed between floors to help stabilize the home structure, I was told. Interesting.
The Jail/Home of the jailer. An interesting tidbit of info: On those old homes you sometimes see the iron stars or 'S' shaped irons on the outside walls. They are iron rods, placed between floors to help stabilize the home structure, I was told. Interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment