Monday, November 2, 2009

Update on the Orchestra...

Boy...I am a little rusty, lol. There are notes on that flute that I've never even played before Tuesday! But I hung in there and got through some of the music fine. I brought the music home and will be practicing. Unfortunately my plans to practice throughout the week fell through with having to plan a fall festival for church...amongst other things going on. I will do a bunch today though. I don't think I'll be proficient enough to play some parts at all, but I'll fake it along, lol. My fingers aren't nearly fast enough yet to hit all the 8th notes as fast as they were going...

It's fun though and I plan to return this week. I hope I'll get better, but it'll take me a while to get to the level that some of the people are at. Seems that many of them are retirees, music teachers, music majors in school, etc....I feel a bit out of place with my highschool music career, being the only credit to my experience, :-).

No comments: