Friday, August 9, 2013

Cooling off in the river...

Britney and I enjoyed riding with our neighbor behind us, today.  She took us over to a river near us, accessible through her friends pasture.  It was a beautiful, yet hot day.  We had a couple of mishaps with horses sinking into deep sand in what looked to be shallow solid areas.  They did amazingly well though and popped back out. 

We stopped for lunch and sat in the river while we ate.  It was so refreshing and we felt cool the rest of our ride thanks to being wet.  Although we all ended up bootless after all of us hitting a soft spot and going down at the same time.


I am riding in the hot pink shirt on my Arab, Luka.  I picked him up from a farm in Port Allen.  He was not making it in their show circuit and they put him up for sale.  I ended up getting him for free with his papers.  He is turning out to be a great horse. 

 
Britney is in the blue helmet on her mare, Cadence.  She is a 20 yr old Quarter Horse that has been there and done that.  Nothing seems to bother her and she and Britney seem to just click. 

We got back just in time as the rain clouds were building and the thunder was becoming louder.





No comments: